Volunteer to Receive Dental Care
You earn $25 worth of dental care for every hour you volunteer.
Become a Program Participant
Call our office to be screened and enrolled in the program at 231.773.1360. You must be enrolled in the program before you volunteer in order for the hours to qualify. Every participant is required to complete this agreement once per year in order to receive services through the Volunteer For Dental program.
Volunteer For Dental
31 East Clay Avenue
Muskegon, MI 49442
Find a Participating Non-Profit
The following list will identify Muskegon and Ottawa county non-profits currently participating in our dental program.
Log Volunteer Hours
Please turn in your volunteer hours in writing to receive credit for them.
- Fax (231) 722-3137 and email: [email protected] or
- Drop off at Office or
- Mail to:
31 E. Clay Avenue
Muskegon, MI 49442
All dental appointments through the VFD program must be scheduled through our office. Once a registered VFD participant has completed the dental health class, the required paperwork and turned in their completed volunteer hours in writing that participant is qualified to have a dental appointment scheduled by one of our staff.
- There is a $2,000 maximum value of dental treatment provided per patient per year.
- You must give 48 hours’ (two business days) notice to change an appointment.
- There is a $35 fee for a missed appointment or an appointment canceled without 48 hours’ notice.
- If you miss two appointments you will be dismissed from the program.
Volunteer to Give Dental Services
As a volunteer dental office in our program you get to pick how you would like to participate:
- How many patients you would like to see per month or per year?
- How many appointments will you donate per month?
- Which procedures you will donate?
Fill out the Dentist Participation Agreement and fax it back to our office at (231) 722-3137 to get started volunteering.
Volunteer For Dental is grateful for all dental professionals who volunteer their time to ensure underserved adults in Muskegon and Oceana counties have access to dental care. The following are reviews from program participants.
CEU’s For Volunteering
We are a State of Michigan Board of Dentistry approved provider of continuing education credits for volunteer hours. See the following log form for more information.
Please note: Volunteer hours can only be given for the time you are servicing a patient while they are in the dental chair and you must not be paid for that time.
What you should know as a volunteer dental office:
- We offer x-rays, exams, fillings, tooth removal, preventive services, periodontal treatment and root canals on a case-by-case basis. If there are other services you would like to offer not on this list please let us know.
- Volunteer for Dental will schedule all appointments for patients.
- Patients must have completed their volunteer hours before receiving dental services.
- Please call us when a patient cancels/no shows.
- Patients must give 48 hours’ notice to change an appointment (not including a weekend).
- The patient must pay the dentist $35 for a missed dental appointment including being late and not being able to be seen.
- Patient must pay missed appointment fee before another appointment will be rescheduled.
- If they miss twice they will be dismissed from the program.
- Patient earns $25 in dental services for every volunteer hour completed.
- Patients sign a volunteer/patient agreement to start program. They must follow these rules or they will be dismissed from the program.